Tuesday, September 27, 2011

KFC Pecan Pie Recipe

Nothing finishes up a terrific Southern-style meal like a big slice of pecan pie with a scoup of vanilla ice cream on top. Being a Southern gal, I've sampled many varieties of pecan pie and one of the best restaurant versions is found at KFC. The balance of sweet gooeyness, crispy pecans and a flaky crust is hard to top. I've wanted to be able to replicate this dessert for my own family for quite a while. So, when I came across a KFC Pecan Pie recipe, I had to try it. The recipe is easy to whip together, especially if you use a pre-made pie crust from the store. Prep time was right about 20 minutes and it took 40 minutes in my oven. It was ready just as we were sitting down for dinner and had cooled to the perfect temperature by the time we were ready for dessert. Try the recipe, then let me know what you think. I'm thinking about adding some chocolate chips for my next pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment