Thursday, September 29, 2011

Montreal Steak Seasoning Recipe

I've been trying out a more minimalistic approach to life lately and trying to de-clutter everything in my house. One stubborn area is my spice rack. OK... it isn't a rack, but a whole cabinet. What can I say? I love my spices! I've probably made one too many trips down the spice isle. When I came across this recipe for Montreal Steak Seasoning, I realized how I can clean up my spice cabinet. I'm going to invest in the basic spices my family loves, then "make" the mixes that I've been relying on so much. I'm betting I'll save money, my spices will stay fresher and my spice cabinet will stop being so clutter that it is hard to find spices when I need them. I'm starting to collect recipe "mixes" and place them in an index card file, so I can quickly reference them when I need them. This will work out great! It will also be easier to customize them with a little extra heat when I know what is already in the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment