Friday, September 30, 2011

Wendy's Chili Recipe

Growing up, our local Wendy's was the place for the youth to hang out after Sunday night services at our church. They featured a sign that said hot chili, cold frosties. I always thought it was an odd combination, but they actually taste well eaten one after each other. So, I grew up associating chili with Wendy's. When I came across this Wendy's chili recipe, I was happy because it is easy and tastes just like I remember. I like to make some extra hamburgers and crumble them up to give an extra zing to the chili, just like the Wendy's version. From start to finish, this recipe takes about 2 1/2 hours to make, but the prep time is only about 1/2 hour.It takes 2 hours to simmer the chili to bring out the great flavors in the seasonings and ingredients. The only change I made was to add some smoked paprika, which has become my staple spice for any soup. It offers such a tasty smokey flavor. Do you have any stores about enjoy Wendy's chili growing up? If so, share through the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment