Thursday, September 29, 2011

Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Recipe

I heard a co-worker raving about her lunch-time trip to Olive Garden. She had their Zuppa Toscana soup and was blown away by the flavor. So, that got me curious and I started to dig around for a recipe to see what made this soup so special. I found one on CopyCatRecipeGuide.com. The soup uses spicy sausage, potatoes, onion, bacon and kale. Sounds good to me, but I haven't been able to find kale anywhere during the summer! I even looked at Whole Foods without luck. The recipe says you can substitute Swiss chard, but I couldn't find it either. I finally broke down and tried the recipe with spinach. The flavor was awesome, but the spinach turned out a bit wimpy. Once fall crops start to come in, I'm going to retry this recipe with kale. I bet the flavor and texture will make this a soup I'll look forward to every fall. Have you tried this recipe before? If so, id you make any changes? I used turkey bacon and spicy sausage to make it a bit healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment