Friday, September 30, 2011

Texas Roadhouse Rice Recipe

I've been a big rice fan since I was little. For after-school snacks, my mom would make rice at my request. My mom would boil rice in a big pot of water, then drain it. As I've been learning about how rice is used in other cultures, I quickly found that most places fry the rice in a bit of oil, then steam it for more flavor. This second method is used in the Texas Roadhouse Rice recipe. It has such a good flavor, that you could easily just chop up a little chicken and add it to the rice for a terrific main dish. They use chicken stock, soy sauce, garlic and butter to really bring the flavor home. While the calorie content on this rice is not for the dieting bunch, the flavor it so delicious, that it could easily grace a Thanksgiving table. I've swapped the butter in this recipe with a heart-healthy butter substitute and it came out great. It already usually a good bit of cayenne pepper, so I didn't have to change anything else. The parsley is pretty, but I think I'll try to use cilantro next time for even more flavor. How do you like to cook your rice? do you think beef stock would change the flavor much? Let me know through your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment