Tuesday, September 27, 2011

KFC Original Recipe Chicken

My taste buds are going into overdrive and my wallet is happy. I ran across this new website, CopyCatRecipes.com that offers recipes from restaurants. What I'm most happy about is their listings for KFC recipes. I've already done reviews on a few other recipes, but this one is for the KFC Original Recipe fried chicken. Everyone has heard about the "secret blend" of spices, but most do not know that the recipe uses a pressure fryer to keep the flavor and juiciness of the chicken. This recipe offers a great balance between the spices, the texture and the preparation time. The only modification I made was to substitute cayenne pepper for the ground ancho chili pepper and it turned out great. If you enjoy fried chicken, but hate the mess of frying in a pan, you should consider purchasing a pressure fryer. It cleans up much faster and there are no splatters since the lid closes during the frying process. Using the method in this recipe, I was able to whip up a batch of delicious fried chicken in under an hour. The best part was that using the pressure fryer made it easier for me to work on the side dishes while it was cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment