Thursday, September 29, 2011

Texas Roadhouse Fried Catfish Recipe

Fried catfish is one of the secret dishes Southerners like to whip out to show our Northern brethren we know how to cook. The dish has so much flavor that it is hard to forget. While some insist on using fresh-caught fish, I'm just as happy with the store-purchased fish. Catfish is often put on sale around where I live and it is much cheaper than salmon or other types of fish I like to cook. I decided to try this recipe for Texas Roadhouse fried catfish since all of their dishes are so good. It uses buttermilk, cornmeal, pepper and some salt. It turned out great! Since the spices are not overdone, the taste of the fish really shines and cornmeal is the perfect compliment to the fishiness. I used soybean oil, but I think I may try peanut oil next time to see if it gives the dish a different taste. I added some homemade hush puppies and some green beans and I had a happy family. Do you have a favorite fried catfish recipe? If so, what is the secret? Do you put any seasonings that blend well? I'm thinking of adding some Cayenne pepper next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment