Friday, September 30, 2011

Ninety Nine's Panko Crusted Cod Recipe

I was browsing one of my favorite copy cat recipe sites, copycatrecipeguide.com and came across this recipe for Ninety Nine's Panko Crusted Cod, so I decided to give it a try. There aren't any Ninety Nine restaurants near us, so I haven't tried out this dish at the restaurant, but it sounded good. I'm also not very experienced in using cod, but I love using Panko bread crumbs- especially to make a great baked "fried" chicken. The dish required me to make a run to the grocery store because it needs so many ingredients, including two types of alcohol. The prep tie isn't horrible, but there is a bit of chopping. In the end, the dish was worth it. It has a great flavor and a great flaky texture. My family enjoyed it, but I think I will save this dish for a special occasion, such as a dinner party or a celebration rather than try to get it ready for a nightly meal. It is just too much work for hectic school nights. Don't forget the artichoke quarters or sun-dried tomatoes! They were my favorite part of the whole dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment