Thursday, September 29, 2011

KFC Spoon Bread Recipe

For some reason when I was little, I hated spoon bread. It was one of my Dad's favorite recipes, so my mom had no trouble with leftovers! I've been going through the list of KFC recipes at CopyCatRecipes.com and I've loved the other KFC recipes, so I decided to try their recipes for how to make KFC spoon bread when my Dad was over for dinner as a treat. The dish was really easy to make and helped me use up some milk that was about to go expire since it calls for 3 cups of milk. Prep time took right about 15 minutes, then it baked for 1/2 hour in the oven. I made this dish with along with a roast, so I put the spoon bread in to bake after I took the roast out of the oven. Just when the roast was cool enough to serve, the spoon bread was ready. I took a little tast of the dish to see if it was spiced enough and wow. I don't know what I was thinking when I was little- I love this spoon bread! It bakes up nice and thick and has a great texture. It reminds me a bit of grits, but with a better flavor. I will be making this dish again. Do you have a favorite spoon break recipe? How is it different from the recipe listed on the Copy Cat website?

No comments:

Post a Comment