Friday, September 30, 2011

Texas Roadhouse Red Chili Recipe

When Fall starts blowing in, one of my first thoughts is to pull out my dutch oven and start making soups. There is something about the cool breezes of Fall that makes you want to don long sleeves, breath in deep and consume warm liquids. Chili is always on the top of my list of soup recipes because it is fast, cheap and filling. My recipe uses beans, so when my son asked about making a dish like the Texas Roadhouse Red Chili side dish, I had to hunt for a recipe. I've never made chili without beans before- it almost doesn't seem like chili. After trying out the Texas Roadhouse chili recipe, I have to admit that it is very good. I found out Texas chili traditionally doesn't use beans. I think that came from the Mexican influence on cooking where they keep their bean dishes and meat dishes separate. I really like the addition of the smoked paprika in the dish- it gave it a nice smokey flavor without being too strong. I think I'll add it to my regular chili dish too to see how it boosts the flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment