Thursday, September 29, 2011

Panda Express Mandarin Sauce Recipe

So, in my last blog posting/review, I discussed the Panda Express Mandarin chicken recipe that I tried with the store-bought sauce. While that made the dish easy, I didn't like the price of the sauce, or the need to stop by the store any time I wanted to make the dish. I found a recipe for how to make Panda Express Mandarin sauce, so I gave it a try. The sauce is made from ingredients I already had in my fridge or cabinets, so that was a definite plus. The sauce was super simple to whip up in about 10 minutes. I used it as a dipping sauce for chicken fingers the first time I treid it. The second time I made it, I used it as a dressing for stir-fried chicken. Both times, my family ate more than they talked. That's my sign they liked it. This recipe's a keeper! You only need brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, ginger, garlic and cornstarch! Can't get much easier, or much tastier. I did add some Cayenne pepper to the mix, since my gang likes things spicy, but the regular sauce is spicy enough for most and it tastes very similar to the dish found at Panda Express.

No comments:

Post a Comment