Friday, September 30, 2011

Original KFC Biscuits Recipe

So, I've already admitted to my bread-a-holic ways, so it should come as no surprise that I love having biscuits with breakfast, lunch and dinner (or any other time that I can squeeze them in). Topped with honey or jelly, biscuits hit the spot every time. One of the best biscuits around are the ones at KFC. Light and flaky, you know they aren't very good for you, but they taste so good, you don't care. I've vowed extra exercise to offset extra helpings of the biscuits on many occasions. The original KFC biscuits recipe take about the same amount of time as any other biscuit recipe to prepare. I usually double or triple the recipe, then store the extras in freezer bags. I've had good luck taking them straight out of the freezer and reheating them. They loose a little bit of texture in the process, but the taste remains the same. To make the biscuits, you only need flour, salt, sugar, milk, baking powder and shortening. Allow several hours if you plan to make a big batch, mainly for the time to cut out and bake the biscuits in batches.

No comments:

Post a Comment