Friday, September 30, 2011

Texas Roadhouse Tater Skins Recipe

It's football season and that means more appetizer recipes are needed! Around our house, potatoes skins have always been a favorite. Last time we went to Texas Roadhouse, we tried their tater skins appetizer and it was SO good. I found a recipe on how to make Texas Roadhouse tater skins, so I had to try it out. The key is to use fresh potatoes, sharp cheddar cheese and fresh bacon bits (not the store canned variety). Awesome is one word that was mentioned multiple times the last time I served this recipe. Anytime you can get a football fan in Alabama to comment on anything during the game other than the plays, the refs or the players, you have accomplished something mighty. I'll put this recipe in my permanent collection to pull out every football season! I did increase the garlic powder and cayenne pepper a bit and used an Italian seasoning blend, rather than just oregano and it was perfect. Do you have any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment